Dentists’ advice is that dental care is vital from the day a child’s first tooth appears to the rest of his or her lifetime. The major reasons being that; dentist’s visit provides an opportunity to learn more about proper dental care, prevention of dental problems as well as detection and treatment of various dental conditions. Besides, there is a big co-relation between ones overall health and oral health. Proper oral care improves overall sense of well being and enhances confidence. No other person is well placed to offer these services than a family dentist. Below are the benefits of having your teeth checked by a dentist on a regular basis.
A good family dentist will;
· Advise on foods that strengthens teeth and best oral hygiene practices
· Offer advice against practices that damage teeth, for example biting on hard objects, chewing ice, drinking cold and hot beverages at the same time among others.
· Not only offer complex advices on dental practice, but also explain the importance of frequent brushing, flossing and biannual check up.
· Carry out a careful and thorough inspection of gums, teeth and mouth. Through this, any sign of dental infection as well as broken tooth, loose teeth and damaged tooth which needs filling can be detected.
· If need be, offer specialized dental X-rays examination which will include neck and head inspection together with jaw movement.
· Clean, polish and floss your teeth leaving them gleaming and fresh.
· Diagnosing the dental problem and prescribing the best remedy to deal with the problem.
Services Offered by a Family Dentist
No teeth flossing and brushing can remove all the debris from the teeth and mouth. Besides, there are hard to reach areas of the teeth which, provides a conducive environment for tarter to develop. Plaque builds up cause cavities, gum disease and tarter. A good dental facility should offer professional teeth cleaning services for all ages. This includes; scaling, root planning, debridgement and tooth polishing for the sole purpose of keeping the patients teeth clean, strong and healthy.
Fissure sealants are provided to patients who have developed narrow and deep fissure. This protects the teeth from decaying. The family dentist is well trained on latest procedures to best handle the process thus, ensures that the teeth are protected from decaying and allow easier cleaning. The dentist clinic is well equipped to handle teeth fissure which can likely lead to tooth decay.
A dental crown is an imitation of a tooth which is worn on the affected one and completely covers it. The affected tooth may be partially or completely worn out. A crown is thus, used to cover it to enable the patient chew and enhance confidence while smiling. A professional dentist is able to perfectly match the crown with the teeth that surrounds it. Crowns are also suitable for teeth with too many fillings as well as fillings which keep dropping off.
This is the most feared process by many patients whose teeth need extraction. The expert dentist can make this procedure as comfortable and less painful as possible. Different types of extractions offered include surgical, sectional and simple.
Other services offered by a family dentist include;
· Night Guards
· Dental Bridges
· Tooth Colored Filling
Dr Serge Agafontsev Biological Dentist is an experienced dentist practicing in Vancouver BC, Canada with fair rates.
For good Personal Dental Care Ideas: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/adult-health/in-depth/dental/art-20045536